Harrison Park to Ratho:
Coffee is on and there is a warm apple porridge steaming in our bowls. The skies are clear and the wind has picked up a bit. Soon the morning checks will be done and we will cast off.
NEATLY STOWED LINES
I want to say we have received such a warm greeting from all the folks we have met thus far on this journey. Conversations are easily struck up with shop keepers, bar maids, fellow travelers, workers etc etc etc. This has very much made this special.
THE SWAN FAMILY
Narrow Boat Cooking Tips:
On thing I might have done is to have brought a few spices with us. I did get some garlic, but today I will be making an apple compote to accompany the porridge. Then I though some other basic spices would be nice, like oregano, cumin, basil, etc what ever you use. Bring a small amount in containers or small snack size baggies would work.
We sailed under several bridges and three aqueducts.
We opted to cruise to Ratho for the day and will spend a couple nights here as we want to explore the marina.
Today's sailing was in and out of rain and sunshine, rain and sunshine and a good breeze chilled things off. We have very good rain gear and are making good use of it. Today I am glad I decided to wear my rain boots and am glad I did as my feet were kept warm and dry.
TOPPING UP THE FRESH WATER
We arrived in Ratho and got moored up. As there was a work barge at the mooring so we had to use a pin for our stern line.
Mooring Pin, I added the flagging tape for safety, brought from home.
We were a bit chilled and a nice cup of tomato soup was in order. But first I got the maintenance chores done.
After mooring two Seagull Trust boats turned about in the Winding Hole here in the basin. It was great to see they were taking a couple of senior citizen groups. It looked like a good number of wheel chairs aboard. The Seagull Trust is such a good organization.
We walked over to the marina and checked out some of the sculptures in the area. Also in this marina are toilet facilities and Laundry facilities. When you pick up your boat you pay a fee of £25 this is for what is called a Rover Ticket. This gets you a key on your boat key ring which will open these laundry, toilet and shower etc. facilities.
Lynn stored some extra bedding we have not been using and I cleaned up the floors.
We also called Marine Movement and arranged for a pump out of our blackwater tank. These calls need to be made 24 hours in advance.
Pump Out Time
It was also tea time at the Garden Overview dining venue. :)
Tonight the executive chef will be creating various delicacies inspired by the Earl of Sandwich. This will help deplete our ships stores before we arrive back in Falkirk.
We will run our engine for a couple hours to warm Lyra’s Royal Suite and top up the batteries.
No comments:
Post a Comment